Good morning.....evening...... or maybe just day

I am Kim Draper. Salutations. This is my blog full of my mind, emotion and contents. If you wish to find someone else, you may need to go elsewhere.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Music for the soul

I believe there is a whole world out there just for music. I love, love, love music. And I love the kind of music that inspires, activates thought, initiates conversation, and brings on a whole new world to your mind on a silver lyrical platter.
My favorite songs are too many to say, so if I dont get a genre in this little list please dont be upset. 1. Telescope Eyes by Eisley. 2. Anything really from the Gorillaz they rock my socks. 3. Paper tigers by the Ceasars. 4. Suzie by Boy Kill Boy 5. The Same Graceful Wind by Vanna 6. The Abortion Plan By Oceana. 7. Lady Gaga's many many songs ;) we are all little monsters inside for your information. 8. Too Legit To Quit by MC Hammer. 9. Here comes goodbye by Rascal Flatts. and 10. The rest of my enormous music collection :)
Also you may have noiced the Primitives on my page. I love the style that they bring forth. Just an indie original. Also, I'm in love with Arctic Monkeys Brainstorm. Amazing haha. I love British influences.
I think my motivations for loving so many kinds of music came from working at Hot Topic in Orem Utah. I worked with so many different music lovers, and the store is All About The Music-which may be contrary to alot of peoples beliefs. But it is, I fell in love with it, and fell hardcore for the hardcore. But it changed me....... evolved me into something I should never have become and I'm glad I pulled through. See, angry music made me angry. Sad music made me sad. Songs for revenge made me vengeful, and happy music made me unbelievably happy. And I know my closest noticed my changes. Music makes you bi polar...... Just make sure you are listening to the right things at the right time or you could have a very deadly combination.
I'll tell you my history in music. I got my first, very own c.d./ cassette player when I was 8 years old. I'll tell you now, I hated listening to my moms music. My dads was great but my moms made me sick. Too slow, beats to boring, and voices that even cats cried too. Any ways, first cd player and my fisrt 2 c.d's ever were Aaron Carter and Savage Garden Affirmation. I loved them both. Then it went to Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys and Nsync. I loved pop music and I still do to this day. Then my tastes became more of the rock persuasion, Green day Three Days Grace and yada yada yada. Then hip hop. 50 Cent and Rap Eminem T.I. Bone Thugs n' Harmony, Biggie, Tupac.......... the works. Then Indie Eisley, Boy Kill Boy, Ceasars. All around good music for me and very inspirational tunes.
I'll always have a love for music. Sometimes i go back and forth from what I'm listening too, but it's all because my mind wants it that way. I hope that everyone grows an appreciation for different types of music. You never know what you will enjoy in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment